for sale 1972 CL450 semi project. build the cafe/brat/scrambler of your dreams with a fresh pro rebuilt engine.
I was going to turn this into a rat urban enduro but I am testing the waters if anyone wants it as is.
- 1972 CL450 frame, no papers, out of the DMV system (verified)
fresh rebuilt top end (lees than 5 hrs, just test ridden around neighborhood)
- +.5mm OS pistons and rings
- overbore by EdCo
- valve job by EdCo
- perfect condition used cams and followers installed
- new cam chain
- perfect used cam rollers installed
- new gaskets throughout
- starter clutch rebuilt
- carbs rebuilt
- new points and condenser
- new NGK plug and plug caps
- electric and kick start
- good battery
- new pod air filters
- new clutch and brake cables
- nice chrome on rims
- like new Cheng Shin Trials type knobbies (DOT ok)
- fully rebuilt F&R brakes
- aftermarket shocks
- nice chrome on stock CL exhaust and fenders
- lightly dented and poorly rattlecanned stock CL tank (clean inside)
- some hoopty things like KTM dirtbike seat and box tubing sidestand installed for rat enduro look. easily removed and put back to stock.
- (Finned stator cover removed, stock one installed. Also 7" H4 headlight removed and replaced with stock 5 1/2" headlight)
- stock seat (if you don't like the KTM seat)
- drive chain (one on it is stretched, sprockets are OK)
- turn signals if you are into that kind of thing
a 450 engine rebuild with all the new parts and machine work would cost you $1500 minimum. Get a whole bike for $800 more.
not interested in trades, local cash sale only, no paypal, no shipping, no BS
can show in inner sunset of sf just about any time.
pics to come