Location: Cleveland, OH
Up for sale is a single owner, mint condition, Aspen White WRX STi. I purchased the car in 2005 brand new off the lot at Ellicott Shaker Subaru (Ganley Subaru). Title is CLEAN with NO ACCIDENTS.
Current mileage is roughly 143,700. I daily the car to work short distance (22 miles daily round trip) so the miles are rising ever so slightly.
The reason for putting the car for sale is to get a more practical vehicle as I will be starting a family soon. I have taken the utmost care of it from exterior, interior and mechanical.
Regular oil changes every 3-4K Avg. with Castrol Synthetic 5W30 or 0W30 depending on the season. The motor DOES NOT burn any oil other than normal use (i.e. level goes from F to roughly middle in 4K of driving). This is normal for any vehicle. All other fluids changed at regular intervals (Rear diff, transmission, coolant, brake, etc.)
The motor runs and pulls hard like the day I bought it. Transmission is solid and does not grind. 100K interval maintenance was complete on time (Timing belt, roller bearings, water pump, thermostat, etc).
All 4 shocks/struts were replaced 20K ago with brand new OEM replacements.
There are a few, tasteful mods to the car currently:
- Prodrive GC-05F 18" wheels wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza S-04's. 245/45/18 all around. Roughly 30-40% tread left.
- Hawk HP Plus brake pads all around. On the verge of replacement. Roughly 10-20% left.
- Bosal SPT 3" Twin tip catback.
- Perrin large top mount intercooler. This is one of the largest top mounts on the market.
- Buddy Club Digital Turbo Boost Gauge.
- Whiteline adjustable rear swaybar and endlinks.
- V1 Accessport with Stage 2 Protune by Tim Bailey @ PDX Tuning.
I believe Tim now works for COBB and is one of the best tuners in the country. He tuned this car and many others back in 2006-2007 @ Buscher Racing when LERSOC used to be around. There may be others in this group that can relate or can vouch for his quality in tuning Subarus. I have the Stage 2 map and a few others in my Accessport. I ran the tune from 2006 till about 2015 when I decided to reinstall the stock downpipe and go back to the stock tune as it was just too loud catless. It has been running like this since then.
The exterior is in excellent shape. I'd rate it a 9/10. Given the age and mileage of the car, you can't even tell it's 13 years old. No dents or scratches! It has been in a garage just about everyday since I bought it. From 2012-2015, it was not driven in the winter. So out of 12 seasons, it has only seen 8 winters. No rust on the exterior panels at all. Underneath it is very clean for a Ohio car. I applied an oil based rust proofing spray the last 2 seasons and that has protected the metal bits from the salt.
The following are some minor negatives of the vehicle:
- Front windshield was replaced about 20K ago as it was cracked from a rock.
- Front bumper and sideskirts were re-painted around 120K to freshen up the look from age.
- There is a very slight shudder from the clutch or throw-out bearing on a cold day from a stop position in 1st gear. After a couple runs of the clutch, it acts like normal for the rest of the day. This behavior does not happen often (maybe a couple times a week). Keep in mind the clutch and/or throw-out bearing is original so it may be time to get it replaced.
- Brake Pads need to be replaced soon.
- Rear view mirror has some discoloration. Anti-glare still works.
- Original top mount intercooler shroud is not included as it does not fit with the Perrin top mount. I no longer have the shroud so the intercooler spray nozzle is currently double-sided taped to the hood. This can be easily fixed by getting another shroud and modifying it to fit with the Perrin.
Some extras I will include are the following:
- Original STi trunk and wing. There is currently a WRX/RS trunk and wing installed. I will include both in the price.
- Original Gold BBS wheels wrapped in Hankook iCept winter tires. About 50-60% tread left. I can reduce the price by $500 by omitting the Gold BBS wheels.
Other than this, the car is in excellent shape. It is getting increasingly difficult to find an STi of this generation that has not been neglected and abused by some teenager. Here is your chance to pick one up at a reasonable price!
Please no low ballers. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. Reach out to me via Private Message for additional questions and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.